Thread: Gordon Close-Support Weapon System

Cool Gordon Close-Support Weapon System

I did see the 'Bullpup Beltfed Shotgun' image a couple of years ago but recently found Russian info sources of this Australian weapon platform. Havent found any actual photos of it being used etc. Has anyone here seen/heard of the Gordon CSWS before?.

Assault Shotgun

Battle Rifle/LSW

SMG:

Assault Rifle:

Machine Shotgun:

The Gordon Close-Support Weapon System (Gordon CSWS) was an exotic firearm project of Australian origin.

A very unusual weapon system was proposed at one time Australian Duncan Gordon. It was assumed that the basis of this family of automatic weapons constitute a belt fed machine gun, automatic shotgun with box magazine and the double-barreled submachine gun with overhead inserted magazines (A la Villar-Perosa SMG) is very unusual configuration. Gordon has developed its weapons, based on personal combat experience gained in Vietnam, where he served in the forces of SEATO. Design drawings and the general conception of his ideas involved in the Australian company BSP Planning and Design Pty. Ltd. in Norwood. Led the team of engineers, Peter Chant. Work began in early 1970.

The system was developed by 1972, and drawings were accomplished engineer Dale Evans. This system was a quick-barrel weapons, while the overall configuration has a mixture of ideas of the British EM-2, as well as WW2 platforms such as the German FG-42 and the American M1941 Johnson LMG. Any type of weapon could be adapted to fire as the conventional rifle cartridge and a 12 caliber bullets. Automation system, applied in the arms of an identical pattern of patent 1.834.021 J. Destree, and used to solve problems by firing rifle bullets and shot with the same weapons sites.
    Source: http://dogswar.ru/oryjeinaia-ekzotik...jiia-dynk.html
    Last edited by Famaldehide Face; September 26th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I want the machine shotgun for the prison towers.
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

http://czforumsite.info/

Administrator   
    Here we go again - post and run.

Famaldehide Face, don't you ever have any commentary on these things you post?

This is a discussion forum, you know, not a "post data and watch" forum.
    "Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

Home | Forum | Blog | ❏ PicPaste | ImgDump |☎ Nalioth

Does that system seem like something drawn up for a role-playing game called "The Morrow Project"?

I understand the concept of a weapon "system", but the way things work out in the real world (the politics of procurement), "systems" more often seem like the design work for a fiction setting.
    Burt Blade

I'd sure as hell like any of those rather than a pointed stick!
    "Chand"